Friday, June 6, 2014

20 Things I learned from 70's Music

The period in which I grew from a kid to an adult kid was the 1970's. Here's the top twenty things I learned from the music of that era.


1) Jeremiah was a bullfrog. He was a good friend with some mighty fine wine.

2) If you drive a Chevy to a levee the levee will be dry.

3)  When you are weary, I will lay me down like a bridge over troubled water. How this helps you, I do not know.

4) Mars ain't the kind of place to raise kids mainly because it is cold.

5) You have to prepare yourself for The Rubber Band Man, especially if he starts to jam.

6) You have to get up to boogie.

7) Lighten up. While you still can. Don't even try to understand.

8) Watergate did not bother me-did your conscience bother you? Tell me true.

9) Doctor! My Eyes!

10) "My Sweet Lord" sounds just like "He's So Fine".

11) LA's fine, the sun shines, most of the time.

12) Almost Heaven? West Virginia? (Dave Barry)

13) There are 50 ways to leave your lover, but Paul Simon is only going to tell you about six of them

14) Short people have no reason to live.

15)  Life in the fast lane will make you lose your mind

16) I'm hot blooded. Check it and see.

17)  It was very important to rock

18)  You are so vain. You probably think this song is about you.

19) Apparently, there was some controversy about Shaft and if he was/was not a bad mother.

20)  Of all the nights, Friday is a great night for fighting because you have two days to recover before you have to be at work, but Saturday Night's all right, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment