Friday, October 11, 2019

This Week's Picks Week 7




One of the new stars on the national sports talk show scene is Clay Travis of Outkick The Coverage.

Not only is Outkick a radio show that broadcasts on Fox Sports Radio Network, but it is also a website. Travis lives in Nashville, Tennessee. One of his sons is a big Atlanta Braves fan. This is what Clay wrote last week regarding the Braves first loss in the National League Division Series.


I root for the Braves now because I want my nine-year-old son to be happy.

And last night he wasn’t happy.

I had to sit him down and give up talk about the third b (thankfully we aren’t at the birds and the bees yet, but we are, unfortunately, at the Braves.)

So I told him the Braves haven’t won a playoff series since 2001 and that they’ve lost the opening game of a playoff series nine straight times

And he just looked up at me — with his Ozzie Albie chain hanging around his neck — and said, “But dad, why can’t they just play like they do in the regular season in the playoffs?”

And I said: “Son, Braves fans have been asking that question since way before you were born. No one knows.”

And he was just crushed.

It was a really tough conversation to have.

I hate that I had to share the real sports world of an Atlanta Braves baseball fan with him.

All I would say is this: welcome to the club, kid. Welcome to the club.




This Week's Picks



Dawgs vs Chickens: When it comes to Georgia, I come from the Vince Dooley School Of Worry. That is, I never quite buy all of the hype that is thrown around in college football.  I believe all the schools have good players and they are on scholarship too.  I was really worried last week when the freshman Tennessee quarterback with the prison tattoos threw that touchdown.  South Carolina isn't Tennessee, but I don't think they have the depth either to run with the Dawgs.  The Dawgs win.





Buzzed vs Dook:  Have you ever heard the phrase, "I knew it would be bad, but I didn't know it would be this bad"?  Well, that describes this season for Tech. They knew there would be some adjustment learning another "system", they just didn't know it would mean their season would be a bus fire inside of a garbage fire in the middle of a Zombie Apocalypse.  Meanwhile, Duke is 3-2 and was competitive with Alabama for a series of downs.  Duke wins.



Raw Tad vs The Twelfth Dude: Do you know why Aggie farmers can't raise chickens? Because they plant the eggs too deep.   How many Texas A&M freshmen does it take to change a light bulb?  None. It is a second-year course.  How many Aggies does it take to eat an armadillo?  Three. One to eat it and two watch the road.  See, that is one of the few problems living this far from Texas, you never hear the great Aggie jokes. Wait, oh yeah, the game.  Bama wins

Ellesyou vs Lizards:  You know, I''m still puzzled about how Kyle Trask could play for the Gators, much less start since he never started a game in high school. He seems like he's pretty good. Florida looks like they are back. However, they are playing LSU, and LSU is crazy good. LSU wins.

Kennesaw State vs Charleston Southern.  I'll be in attendence at my first homecoming game at Kennesaw State and I'll be rooting for my beloved Owls.  I know nothing about Charleston Southern except that they will be the latest victim.  Kennesaw State wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment