Friday, October 4, 2019

This Week's Picks Week 6

This is a true statement.  You cannot be a fan of any Atlanta professional sports franchises without knowing that they will tear your heart out. Every single franchise. The names on the uniforms change, but it is still the same result.

It is 28-3 in the Super Bowl late in the third quarter. The Atlanta Falcons are the 28. The Falcons lose the game.

Up 2 games on the New York Yankees in 1996. The flame-throwing reliever throws a slider (that didn't slide) to the 2nd string Yankees catcher. The Braves didn't win another game that year.

It is always something. The ump missing a call. Lonnie Smith getting deked. A cornerback gets arrested on the night before the Super Bowl.

Yes, the Braves won the World Series in 1995. But on that last out, which was a deep high fly caught by Marquis Grissom, I half-way expected it to go out.

Just turned off the latest. The Braves in the Divisional Series. The Braves won the Eastern Division easily this year. The Cardinals barely won theirs. Atlanta was rocking this afternoon. What happens? The bullpen, which was always an adventure this year, was awful. That's putting it kindly.

Oh well, there's another game tomorrow. Maybe there will be another Infield Fly Rule enforced, except this time, it will be on the warning track.


This Week's Picks.

Doggies vs Rocky Topped:  Both teams had a bye week last week. I'm not sure Georgia needed a week to get ready for Tennessee. Tennessee, bless their hearts, would love to beat Georgia. I would love to win the lottery. I mean, there's a chance, right? It is highly unlikely that this Tennessee team (bless their hearts)  will beat this Georgia team.  UGA wins.




Wrecked vs Heels of Tar:  The good news for Tennessee, bless their hearts, is that Georgia Tech is having even a worse year. This is how bad it is for Tech. I picked Temple last week. It was part of my sneaky plan to infect Temple with the dreaded "Manis Curse". It didn't work. Even Tech's opponents are immune to the "Manis Curse". Attention Bees: I've done all I can do. You are on your own.  North Carolina almost beat Clemson last week.  North Carolina wins. 

The War Tigers vs Reptiles:  Both Auburn and Florida are better than I thought they would be. I can't believe how well the freshman Auburn quarterback is playing. I just think, right now, and this moment, as it stands, Auburn is the better team.  Auburn wins.

Ahia State vs Sparty:  Ohio State quarterback, Justin Fields went to Harrison High School, which was my son's high school's main nemesis. I've heard a lot about Justin over the years. But, to be honest, you never really know how well someone is going to play in college. Well, let me tell you, Fields is really, really good. Really.  If Ohio State keeps playing like they've been playing, they'll be in the playoff hunt in December, no question. If Fields keeps playing like he's been playing, he'll get invited to New York. But first, they have to get by teams like Michigan State. I just don't think they can stop Ohio State.  Ohio State wins

Other Aggies vs Ellesyew: Now, this is a tough one for me.  As you know, my high school chum, Paul, sent me a Utah State t-shirt for free, simply because I begged for one. I have another friend, Terry, who is a huge LSU fan. He thinks Joe Burrow is the best thing since jambalaya.  Burrow is good and LSU is a good team. But Terry has never sent me a t-shirt. No matter, as Coach Lee Curso would say, but this is business. LSU wins.








No comments:

Post a Comment