Wednesday, October 3, 2012

This Week's Picks




Something has come up that I need to address. It regards how I pick teams to win. I can assure you it is very scientific and does not include beer. I look at the teams playing and think: I wonder which one is going to win? That’s all. I don’t look at the last four recruiting classes or develop a matrix.  If one team has a better record than the other team, I usually pick the team with the better record to win.

Considering my method is just one step above the  Diane Chambers Method (picking winners by the color of their uniforms), I haven’t done too bad this  year. I’m averaging two losses a week, which if you consider I’m including a Division 3 game, is not too shabby. There’s not a lot of information regarding Division 3 teams and sometimes they don’t report the outcome of the game until the following month.






Some say that I pick Georgia Tech each week simply to coat them with what has been called “Manis Loser Rays”, because I have a history of pulling for things which have no chance of winning, including Bob Dole.  However, I can assure you that each time I picked Georgia Tech to win because they have talented athletes, an historic football tradition  and are in a major conference. I had no idea that they would lose to Middle Tennessee State, which lost to Bodreaux U McNeese State a couple of weeks ago. Don’t blame me, Tech, you lost that game yourself.

This Week’s Picks.


Dawgs vs. Chickens:  UGA got a scare last week when they barely held on against Tennessee. The Chickens are a better team than UT. The Old Grouchy Ball Coach always tries to get his team up for any game versus UGA because he is what many mental health professionals call "a jerk". I think UGA is a better team, but after the way they played last week, I can’t pick them. South Carolina wins.

(This is the last known photo of Steve Spurrier before he became insane.)



Wrecked vs Clempson:  Do you think I’m going to pick Tech to win another game this season? Their defense doesn't defend. Their offense is offensive. Paul Johnson looks like he’d rather be somewhere else.   If they keep on playing like this, he will be. Clemson wins.

 (Paul Johnson wondering where his defense is then realizing they are out on the field.)





THE STANK GAME OF THE WEEK: Arkansas vs. Auburn.  One team lost to ULM. The other team almost lost to ULM. Arkansas Head Coach John L.Smith is "looney as a betsy bug" as Meemaw Manis used to say (see below). They both will lose their jobs (the coaches-not Meemaw) .  Auburn will win. I guess.




Ellessyou vs. Lizards: This should be a good contest to see if LSU is for real.  Florida is good, but they’re just no match for the Tigers. As they say in Baton Rouge, " Laissez les bons temps rouler"! ("I've never seen that woman in my life and that kid don't even look like me!") LSU wins.


Mountain Mommas vs. Texsas: Geno Smith  threw for a billion yards and had 700 touchdown passes last week against Baylor. Question: did either team send a defense out on the field?  Texas has a better defense than Baylor.  Texas wins.


Georgia Southern vs Western Carolina.  This is Western Carolina's Homecoming Queen:
T

Needless to say, the Eagles win.


DIVISION 3 GAME OF THE WEEK: LOUISANA COLLEGE vs EAST TEXAS BAPTIST UNIVERSITY. You may have noticed that somebody learned how to add pictures to his blog. Well, there is a great picture of the President of Louisiana College, Dr Joe Aguillard, eating a worm. I felt it was important for my reading audience to know that there is at least one college president that is eating worms out there instead of caviar (if you just go by the cost of tuition). Unfortunately, there was technical difficulties. However, LC should smiteth  ETBU. LC wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment