Monday, January 25, 2010

This and That

This is a little humor exercise called, “This and That”. I make comments about various topics but do not have enough creativity to flesh out an entire piece about any of the subjects.

I got the idea for doing something like this from Larry King’s Columns for USA TODAY.

“Nobody asked me, but I think peanut butter goes well with jelly…..Clark Gable had big ears….I never do a crossword in pen….basketball players are very tall…It seems to me that Pepsi is here to stay.”

So here is my ….This and that.



*I watched some of the “red carpet” coverage on E of the Screen Actors Guild awards. Go ahead, question my sexuality. My wife likes looking at the dresses and I am always amazed about the lack of clothing women will wear on a special occasion. I would just once like to see an actress say, “I got this dress at Penny’s”.

Then we watched the award show itself. It seems that actors give themselves a lot of awards just for playing pretend.

*The Barack Obama administration will have a BSB and an ASB demarcation: Before Scott Brown and After Scott Brown.

*Every President becomes unpopular somewhere in the life of his administration. It remains to be seen how President Obama handles this. So far, I would say his William Jennings Bryan act rings hollow.

One positive outcome of the Scott Brown election is to see Chris Matthews actually take on Democrats again, just like he did back in the Clinton days. He burned Howard Dean and destroyed that goofball Alan Grayson. It was refreshing to watch.

While I’m at it, isn’t pretty safe to say that MSNBC’s attempt to be Bizzaro Fox has failed? No one listens to Rachel Maddow or Ed Shultz and Keith Olbermann appears to be legally insane.

I’m not saying Fox is all that. I’ve come to like O’Reily. Hannity is nothing special to me. Beck is clearly as insane as Olberman. But, Brett Baier is about as down the middle as you can get. The Fox All-Stars has good, concise commentary and made a TV star out of a paraplegic former psychiatrist that used to work for Walter Mondale.

*My wife asked me today who Lady Ga-Ga was. I know she is a “singer”. I couldn’t pick her out of a line up. Yes, I have my AARP card. Why do you ask?

*One of the things I noticed during the “Climate Gate” debate was the argument that even though the numbers,et al, might have been fudge, don’t worry—we’re still going to die.

*Finally, since I work, I usually do not stay up and watch any of the late night talk shows. To me, Johnny Carson is “The Tonight Show”. Jay Leno will always be a guest host.

No comments:

Post a Comment