Tuesday, December 29, 2009

This Week's Picks!

Here we are for the last This Week’s Picks of the year.

I cannot go without commenting on the soap opera called, “As Urban Turns”.

Saturday I was listening to Leonard Cohen, of all people, when my wife told me that Urban Meyer had resigned. Health problems. Then Sunday he decided to take a unspecified leave of absence. By the end of the week, I'm betting he’ll just take a PTO day.

Urban stopped to smell the roses and decided that was over-rated.

All of that seems reasonable compared to the Mike Leach Head Trauma Unit at Texas Tech. The latest is that Leach, who was suspended by the University for placing the son of a high profile Texan in a small electrical closet due to a mild concussion, is filing suit to be able to coach in the Alamo Bowl. This can’t be good.

Last year, I made a pick in every single bowl game. I did okay. I think I might have been 50-50. This year, my schedule got the best of me with I decided to just go with the Big Five Bowl games.

This Week’s Picks!

The Ruse Bowl: Oregon vs The Ohio State University. Every single blessed year you have the Buckeyes going to Pasadena to lose in the Rose Bowl. This year should not be any different. Ducks win.

The Sugah Bowl: Florida vs Cincinnati. Timmah’s last game as a Gator has been over shadowed by whatever movie is going on in Urban’s head. Meanwhile, Cincinnati is the high powered offense, but, it has never seen a defense like Florida’s. Florida win and Timmah gives all the praise to the Lord.

The Cop-Out Bowl: TCU vs Boise State. The Aroused Frogs and The Blue Carpet Bunch both play in a conference that is not a ‘BCS’ conference so instead of having them play a BCS school, the powers that be decided to have them play each other. Whatever. Both are good teams and this may be the best bowl game of the bunch. I’m going to with the Toadies on this one.

The Urange Bowl: Georgia Tech vs Iowa. Last year, the Bees got killed in the Chick-fil-a Bowl by LSU. The people that know this sort of thing think that a team can prepare for the Triple Option if they have a month. Iowa is not LSU. Bees win.

The Mythical National Championship: Alabama vs Texas. Can Texas win this game? Sure. Bama had some scares this year and Texas is not a bad team. If Utah had not stomped Bama so bad last year, I might have thought Texas could pull an upset. I just cannot see Nick Saban letting that happen again. Alabama’s defense is just too good. Bamy wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment