Thursday, December 3, 2009

This Week's Picks!

As a lot of you already know, this week was Cardiac Catheterization week here at Picks Central. It seems my annual EKG showed something called a “left bundle block”, which is not something out of Lombardi’s Packer days. As people say, it’s complicated and leave it at that.

Anyway, during my catheterization, I saw bright light. I walked closer to the light because I heard…..barking. Out of the light came UGA VII!

I said, “Where’s the Lord?” UGA said, “They didn’t even put you to sleep, Alan, or should I call you, Adam Lambert? Anyway, The Lord, Momma, Daddy, and Elvis all told me to tell you that it is not your time and to stop being such a big baby”.

I asked our late four legged friend, “How’s Heaven?” He said. “Oh, it’s great. Three squares a day and you get to sit on a block of ice next to a cheerleader. Wait that was my life. Anyway, I get to peer into the future. Did you know the next Palin grandbaby is going to be named, ‘Popcorn’?”

“So UGA”, I continued, “You can help me with This Weeks Picks!”

He said, “First of all, I’m a dog, not a genie, so don’t think you’re going to get something out of me besides the Palin grandbaby thing and that President Tebow’s wife has triplets and he resigns the Presidency to become a missionary to Cambodia and that each one of the triplets eventually goes on to win the Heisman trophy”. “Tim Tebow becomes President?” I asked. UGA shrugged and said, “Yeah, the future is really ruff.”

This week’s picks!

Division Two Playoffs: It’s down to four teams in D2: Carson-Newman, Grand Valley State, California (PA) and Northwest Missouri. Grand Valley and Northwest Missouri wins.

Division Three Playoffs: Let’s just say Mount Union and UW-Whitewater Six Flags will be playing for the championship and skip this next week.

Huskers of Corn vs. Texsas: It would make things interesting if Nebraska would beat the Longhorns, but it is not going to happen. Texas wins big to set up a chance at the Mythical National Championship.

Hippie vs. Hippie State: The last time an Oregon-Oregon State game mattered to anyone outside of Oregon was….never. All I know is that uniform-wise, you don’t watch this game in HD or you will get motion sickness. Ducks fly to the Rose Bowl.

The Only Game That Matters: Florida vs. Alabama. You know, you could make a case for either one. I tend to think Florida is the better team, but not by much. If Mark Ingram plays like the Heisman contender he is, Bama just might beat the Gators. But, if Florida stops him like Auburn did, it will be a long night for the Tide. Florida wins, but I’m not thrilled with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment