Thursday, November 19, 2015

This Week's Picks: Mockingjay Part Three



It is that time of year again! Time to think about what to get your wife/girlfriend for Christmas.


Take it from somebody who has been married for almost 30 years. It is a good idea to ask your honey-pie what she might actually want. I know that goes against thousand of years of Man training and one of your trousered ape friends might ask for your "Man Card" back.

Look Very Closely At This


The female gender thinks long and hard about the presents they want. They will be happy tell you, in great detail, what they want if you ask them.


But if you are lucky in love like I was, maybe she will go down to the store and buy the clothes she wants (clothing is a very tricky present) and then come home wrap the presents herself. (I have the present wrapping ability of a drunk baboon.) Now, that my friends, was a great Christmas.




This Week's Picks!

The Doggies vs Ben-Ben's Eagles:  UGA beat Auburn last week which saved Coach Cutie Pie's job for one more week. This week, UGA plays Georgia Southern, my son's alma mater. UGA is taking this game so seriously that Mark Richt flew up to Washington state and had his picture taken with Jacob Eason, who supposedly is the best high school quarterback in the history of the universe, to remind people that if Richt goes, Eason goes. If Georgia Southern wins, Richt is gone like a freight train. It won't happen. UGA wins.  Sorry, son.

This kid better be good



Wrecked vs The (P) U:  Last week, Tech lost and their 18 year streak of being invited to a bowl game was snapped. For some reason, this is my fault. Anyway, Miami is having an awful year too so I can imagine the ratings this game's telecast is going to rival last week's Democratic party's Presidential debate, which for my money, at least, is just as funny as The Republicans. One candidate won't call religious fanatics "radicals" because she doesn't want to call all Muslims radicals and she doesn't know how an adjective further defines a noun . Another one responded to attack by Isis on Paris by insisting we really needed to worry about climate change. This is sort of like watching your house burn down and insisting you need to fix that leaky toilet. Where was I. Oh, yeah, Tech versus Miami. Even though I think Tech is a better team, I'm picking Miami because Tech  needs to win something. Don't thank me.  Miami wins.

"Look at what climate change is doing to my hair!"



Baptist Bears vs Okay State:  As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, the friend of mine that fixes my computer and has a national security clearance, thinks I'm a jinx and has asked me never to pick his alma mater, Oklahoma State. I do what I am told. Baylor wins.

Meechigan State vs The State of Ohio:  Last year, Ohio State won the national championship, despite the fact that Ohio State is not in the SEC. How college football allowed this to happen, I have no idea. This year, the Buckeyes are in the hunt again for a national championship. However, they face a big test this week and I think they are going to fail it. Plus, I always enjoy watching Urban Meyer lose. Michigan State wins.



The Mighty Hooters vs The Hose of Blue: I never thought I would ever write these words: Kennesaw State football. It is simply so amazing that we finally have a football team that we forget the Owls are guaranteed of a winning season, no matter who wins this game with Presbyterian. Presbyterian is 1-9. They are predestined to lose this game (three people will get this joke). Hooty-hoot! Kennesaw State wins.





No comments:

Post a Comment