Wednesday, November 11, 2015

This Week's Picks Meet Abbott and Costello




Before we dive into this week's games, allow me a moment to discuss Dr. Ben Carson.


First of all, I appreciate our news media focusing like a laser beam on Dr. Carson's opinions about the Egyptian pyramids. From what I can gather, Dr. Carson believes that the pyramids had a utilitarian purpose (for storing grain) and were not just tombs for the pharaohs.  I'm not sure about the relevance about a discussion of the pyramids, but if that's what Dr. Carson thinks, it is no skin off my nose.  I can't dispute Dr. Carson's intelligence because he is A BRAIN SURGEON.

Secondly, while I enjoy catching somebody in a lie as much as anybody, the "He says he was offered a full scholarship to West Point" story strikes me as really lame. I know a President that won't correctly inform you of his college choices when he was an adolescent is a President that you will lie to you. He might do something like blame the attack of an American Embassy on a You Tube video.

But it doesn't seem like much of a lie. Unlike one candidate's husband who pointed his crooked finger at America and said, "Ah, deed naught half sects with that woemun" (translation: "I did not have sex with that woman").


This Week's Picks!


Bumbled Bees vs Gobblers:  The good news from last week was The Bees did not lose. Of course, it was their bye week and they didn't play, but hey, when you are Georgia Tech, you take what you can get. Frank Beamer, the coach of Virginia Tech is retiring after this year. Virginia Tech is 4-5, Georgia Tech is 3-6. So, who do I pick? Tech, of course.  Tech wins!




Jawja vs Wartigers:  You know, it was just a couple of weeks ago when many thought this would be the lineup for the SEC Championship. UGA is just one big soap opera while Auburn is just an out and out mess. In any event, UGA should win this game because something has crawled up Auburn and died. UGA wins!



Bamy vs Other Bulldogs:  The celebration of beating LSU lasted about 30 minutes before the Tiders started worrying about Mississippi State.  The OB's have a good team, but gee, I have to follow my gut and go with Dark Lord Saban's team. Bama wins!





Arky vs Ellesyou:  After Arkansas defeated Ole Miss last week, Razorback head coach Bret Bielema said the first thing he was going to do was "hop on his wife". If you saw Mrs. Coach Bielema, you would understand. If they beat LSU, I would advise you not to allow your children in the room to hear Coach Bielema's press conference. I don't think we'll have to worry about that. LSU wins!
 
Mrs Coach Bielema


 The Mighty Hooters vs The Chanticleers:  I know what you are thinking: what is a chanticleer? According to the Coastal Carolina website, a chanticleer is "a proud and fierce rooster who dominates the barnyard". Okay. Two questions. What is it about South Carolina and chickens? The University of South Carolina are called the Gamecocks, a proud and fierce rooster that dominates illegal cock fights. Also, if a chanticleer is proud and fierce, why is he wearing teal?  In any event, Coastal Carolina is 8-1.  They'll beat my Owls. Coastal Carolina wins!






No comments:

Post a Comment