Thursday, September 23, 2010

This Week's Picks

As you may remember from last week, we here at This Week’s Picks were very excited that our beloved alma mater, Kennesaw State University, had finally decided to have a football team. I have embarked on a mission to create the perfect fight song for the school, which I placed on Facebook (“We’re the Kennesaw State Owls/ You’ve heard so much about/ Mothers hide their daughters whenever we’re about/ We fight with knives, forty-fives and broken bottles too/ We're the Kennesaw State Owls/ Who are you?!” My niece liked it.)

This Week’s Picks!

Georgia Dawgs vs Other Bulldogs: Last week I picked both UGA and Mississippi State to win and both lost. This week, I know at least one of them will win. Mississippi State is still a young team and they are worn down by two big SEC games in a row. However, they are playing at home in Starkvegas. Georgia has got to win or Mark Richt will find a lot of “for sale” signs in his front yard. UGA just has too much. Georgia wins.

Bees vs Werewolves of Raleigh: I’ve finally figured Tech out. They can beat anything in the ACC. It is just everybody else that gives them problems. Good thing they are playing NC State. Tech wins.

Bamy vs Arky: If I had any guts, I would pick Arkansas. I don’t. Alabama will win this one.

Our Lady vs Stan Ford: Notre Dame has had some bad luck against some Michigan school. It continues against this California school. Stanford wins.

Fighting Game Birds vs War Tigers: Here are two schools that are both for real. The Old Ball Coach finally has a team in Columbia that he can yell at without it getting all pouty faced. Auburn is just a beast. My rule of them that if it is East vs West, go with West. Auburn wins.

Ky vs Fl: Here’s another game that I gave a passing thought to issuing my UPSET ALERT. But the more I thought about it, the more I came to realize that the Gators just have a couple more horses than Kentucky. Florida wins.

O-State vs Boyzie State: This is my UPSET ALERT. I know everyone one is infatuated with the Broncos, but Oregon State is almost as good and can beat the Broncos. The Beavers win.

Georgia Southern vs Elon. Georgia Southern (school motto: “No one can do the boogaloo like I do”) starts its conference play against Elon. Elon is supposed to be a good team and this is a good test for the Eagles. The Eagles will win.

Edinboro vs Gannon: Look who’s 13th in the Division Two standings! It’s our very own Fighting Scots who take on the Golden Knights of Gannon University. Gannon lost to Millersville last week in a battle that had people where ever Millersville is talking for a couple of hours after the game. Edinboro wins.

Birmingham-Southern vs. Huntingdon: The Panthers will travel to Montogomery to play for either the Wesley Cup or the C.S. Lewis Saltshaker in a battle of the Methodist Schools. Huntingdon beat the Panthers last year. I think Birmingham-Southern will win this one.

2 comments:

  1. Alan, I'll take SC against Auburn and I like Boise State. I HOPE you are right about GT but I'm skeert!

    Duane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like SC a lot but I like Auburn too and it was just a coin toss for me. I think the teams in the West are just a little better than the ones in the East. But, I could be wrong.

    I'll probably get burned on the Boise State/OSU game.

    I'm 'skeert' about GT and NCSU too. (Just a note, I have nephew that is a graduate/and employee of NCSU). The ACC doesn't seem like it knows how to handle Josh Nesbitt.

    ReplyDelete