Thursday, September 30, 2010

This Week's Picks

It was a rough weekend at Picks Central last week. Both Georgia and Georgia Tech lost as did my UPSET SPECIAL, Oregon State.

However, Georgia Southern defeated the mighty Elon Elonites in an epic struggle that saw many Georgia Southern fans (not students--right students?!) drink cases of beer in an attempt to push the Eagles to victory. The game was televised and we saw our pride and joy, Ben Manis, formerly number 38 of the Kennesaw Mountain Mustangs rooting for his beloved Eagles. It worked and now the Eagles are ranked 13th in the latest FCS standings.

This Week’s Picks.

Puppies vs The Rocky Mountains: There has been some positive news for the Dawgs. It has been literally hours since a member of the program has been arrested for a felony. More good news: A.J. Green will be back for his terrible crime of selling his laundry. Top that off with playing a Colorado team that isn’t anything to write home about, the Dawgs should win. They better. Dawgs win.

Bees vs Demonic Church Leaders: Here’s a news flash-like all other offenses that have ever been invented, the Triple Option works really good when you really good players running it. Unfortunately, most of them are in the NFL. The good news for Tech is that Wake Forest has slid back into one of their typical Wake Forest years. Tech wins.

Texsas vs Okies: The chances of Texas winning this game, this year, are slim to none with Slim having just left town. Whoo-wee! More of that Southwestern humor. OU isn't that great either, but they are better than the Longhorns. Okies win.

Crocs vs Bama: Did you get the feeling last week that Bama was toying around with Arkansas like a cat does with a mouse? I’m not sure Nick Saban did, but his team is a beast. These Florida Gators have just hatched and are the type you can keep in your aquarium. Bama wins.

Quacks vs Trees. I don’t care about the uniforms, although they make me ill. Feathers on the shoulders? My Lord! But while Stanford is the smarty pants school of the year, I don’t think they can keep up with the Oregon speed. Ducks win.

Edinboro vs Indiana University of Pennsylvania: I love IUP. I wish there was a college called “Georgia University of Alabama”. Little known fact about IUP: the creator of YouTube, Chad Hurley went there. Really. Indiana Pennsylvania is also the birthplace of Jimmy Stewart. Despite all of this, Edinboro finds a way to win.

Birmingham-Southern vs Trinity University: I watched this game last year over the internet and the kids broadcasting the game said that the students at Trinity “really know how to party”. Everybody thinks they are Georgia Southern. The Panthers defeated a very good team last week-they should beat Trinity.

2 comments:

  1. Alan, I'm taking Texas over OK. Don't know why. I just think they will be mad as hell and ready to prove something against what I think is an over-rated Sooner team. Should be fun to watch.

    Not sure about the Pac-10 battle. The Ducks looked amazing when they slipped it into low gear against what might in retrospect be the worst UT team yet but who knew? I can't decide on this one as the Ducks didn't look nearly as dominant this week. I'll take Stanford just to be contrary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duane,

    You-contrary?!

    I feel better about my chances this week than last. Every Sooner team is over-rated but Texas has just seemed out of whack to me.

    As much as I hate the Ducks, their speed is what pushes it over the line for me. But, of course, I could be wrong.

    I hope you liked my UGA joke.

    ReplyDelete