Thursday, September 22, 2022

This Week's Picks Week Four

 

 

Yes, friends, I am playing hurt. 

This week, I've had the worst back pain ever in the history of mankind.

Not that I am one to complain.

I think it is sciatica which is the "pain that travels along the path of the sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve travels from the lower back through the hips and buttocks and down each leg".  But, like most males, I haven't seen a doctor about it since it is not bleeding.  

In grand male tradition, I have rubbed some dirt on my back along with some stuff Mrs. Picks has bought at the store. It seems to work pretty well.

The only problem is I work all day sitting down and trying to get up from my chair sends my sciatica into overtime, to use a football term. 

I think it is getting better, but if I get a bunch of picks wrong remember I was in excruciating pain and it caused me to make unwise decisions.

 

This Week's Picks!

 

Jawha vs The Ohio KSU:  The Ohio KSU is Kent State, which is famous for a bit of unpleasantness in 1970. Tin soldiers and Nixon's coming and all that. But Kent State is also the alma mater of Nick Saban. Anyway, the Golden Flashes are coming to Athens for a paycheck.  Unfortunately for them, you had all those upsets two weeks ago so there's no way Kirby will let their guard down.  Georgia wins.



Wrecked vs Another Dang Florida School:  Coach Geoff has made through this week which was amazing considering how poorly the Bees played against Ole Miss. One columnist said Coach Geoff was worse than Bill Lewis, which is saying something. The University of South Florida is in Tampa, which really isn't South Florida. The Bulls are sometimes good, sometimes bad. The way Tech has been playing they'll probably look pretty good.  Bulls win.


 


Clumpson vs Backslidden Deacons:  Every few years, Wake Forest wakes up and has a pretty good season. This is one of their seasons.  However, Clemson has a pretty good season every season and they are the cream of the ACC crop. It would be cool if Wake Forest beats Clemson. They won't  Clemson wins.

 




Lizards vs Rocky Topped: Step in the This Week's Picks Way Back Machine to a time in which Archie's first born, Peyton, was the quarterback for Tennessee and Florida was coached by Johnson City, Tennessee's own Steve Spurrier.  My Uncle Leon and Aunt Edith lived in Johnson City and I remember them talking about the old ball coach when he was a young ball player.  Anyway, this game, back then determined who was going to win the SEC East.  It doesn't anymore.  Now, they are playing to see who finishes second behind Georgia.  For you, Uncle Leon:  Tennessee wins

 




Bamy vs Commode Doors:  Remember in the summer when the new Vanderbilt coach was talking about how good Vandy will be? He said, "We know in time Vanderbilt football will be the best program in the country,"  The key phrase in that sentence is "in time".  That time is not now and it will not be Saturday.  Bama wins


 


My Beloved Owls vs Little Dogs That Are Ugly And Bark A Lot:  The Owls are 0-2, losing to Samford and Cincinnati. Meanwhile, Wofford is 0-3.  Not being a homer but, The Owls win.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment