Friday, October 1, 2021

This Week's Picks

 

Over the years I have included Georgia Southern games in This Week's Picks.  Mrs. Picks and I sent money there to edumacate our son, Boy Picks. It was big fun keeping up with the Drinking Eagles because they usually had some pretty good FCS  teams.

Well, their dreams came true and Georgia Southern moved up to FBS.  They had a really bad couple of season a few years back and they promoted Chad Lunsford to become head coach.  He seemed like he really related to the players and they played hard for him.

Somehow, somewhere along the way, though, the wheels came off the Georgia Southern bus.

Actually, it happened on a school bus.

 A lot of schools do a "walk" into the stadium before the game ( "The Dawg Walk", "Gator Walk", etc.).   Georgia Southern does something a little bit different. They bring the players to the stadium in a yellow school bus.  It is kind of cute and harkens back the early Erk days.

Last week, the school bus are rolling along on the stadium. One of the players was on the roof of the bus. A fan just happened to have a can beer (imagine that!) and lobbed it to the player. The player catches it and begins to chug-a-lug while riding to the stadium.

After the game, which they lost, Lunsford was fired. The player was suspended indefinitely 

Georgia Southern has the Statesboro blues.



This Week's Picks!

 

Jawja vs Arky:  At the beginning of the season, I had this penciled in a win, but now I'm nervous that it may be a trap (game)!Any long time Georgia fan worth his salt worries about every game and is convinced that doom is just around the corner.  Arkansas is doing well this season and would love to hurt Georgia and whatever chances they have for the National Championship.  Even though the Pigs are better, Georgia's defense is just sick.   Dawgs win.

 


 

The Pitts vs Bees:  Just a few weeks ago, it looked like The Bees would be The Bumbles all year. They killed My Beloved Owls, put a scare into Clemson, and beat a very good North Carolina team. I hate to do this to you, Bees:  Tech wins.

 

 

Ole Mess vs Bamy:  Another trap game.  I remember there was a couple of years which the only Alabama loss was to Ole Miss (see below). While Ole Miss is better, they are just not good enough to beat Alabama. The Tide continues to roll.   Alabama wins

 


 

Indiana Wants Me-Lord I Can't Go Back There vs  The Lions of Nittany.  Indiana has a good team this year. Penn State just has a better team.  Penn State wins

 

 

Ellessyou vs The WarTigers:  I usually try to hedge my bets with this game by saying "The Tigers win".  I think I'm being clever.  LSU hung on to beat The Upright Bulldogs last week and seem to playing with a little bit of swag.  Auburn somehow hung on to beat a school that didn't have a team until the second decade of this century.  I think Beaudroux really likes his chance against Auburn. I agree with him.  LSU wins


My Beloved Owls vs  The Illegal Game Birds Of Alabama:  A couple of years ago, Kennesaw State and Jacksonville State played against each other and it was one of the best games I've ever seen.  Jacksonville State beat Florida State a couple of weeks ago, but lost last week again University of Tennessee-Martin & Lewis. This is the other game I've worried about. Sorry, Owls, you're still my boys, but this is business.   Jacksonville State wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment