Friday, October 8, 2021

This Week's Picks Week

 

 

 I remember when Urban Meyer was the head coach at The University of Utah.  He did well there. From there, he went to the University of Florida, where he met Tim Tebow and won a championship.  He quit Florida out of the blue. Something about his heart.  He did some color on ESPN.  Soon he was back at his Alma Mater, THE Ohio State University.  He won a championship there.  He quit again.

The Jacksonville Jaguars came calling one day. You can't say no to the NFL, so Meyer became the head coach of the worst team in the league. 

You know where this is going. Last week, after another loss, Meyer was videoed "grinding" against a young woman (who news reports say "did not appear to be his wife.")   It looked like he was enjoying himself. I'm venturing a guess that alcohol may have been involved.

This incident has put Urban in a bind. He gave an "apology"  (or "pollogy," as he pronounced it) to save his job. Unfortunately, it is not clear if it will work.

Honestly, I do feel bad for Urban. He's only 57, which means he still has some fire in the tank left.  Add to that he's never been associated with hanky panky before, which makes you want to cut him some slack.

But I can't let him off the hook so easily.  He's a grown man, and he should know that booze, young women, cell phones with cameras and a losing record aren't a good combination.

He should remember what Jerry Glanville said The NFL stood for:  "Not For  Long".

 



This Week's Picks.

 

 

Jawja vs The WarTigers:   Fun football fact that you will hear a million times before Saturday's game.  Georgia vs Auburn is the oldest Deep South football rivalry. You can imagine the millions of stimulating conversations this game has produced.  Georgia killed Arkansas.  Auburn beat LSU.  It would warm the hearts of the people on the Plains to beat Georgia. But as they say down there, they just can't have nice things.   Dawgs win,


 

Bumbles vs Dookie   I saw the meme (see below) about the "Georgia Football Cycle"  Well, here is the Georgia Tech Football Cycle:   Talk about how hard it is to recruit good players-------Win a game nobody thought you could win--------Lost a game by thirty one points---------Complain how Georgia is overrated. (You are here) I thought Tech had turned the corner when the beat North Carolina. Turns out they haven't.   They play Duke this week   Duke wins.

 


 

Okie vs Tex-sas  Do you remember when this game was really a big deal?  It is not anymore. Oklahoma is having one of its big-time years while Texas is doing okay.  I don't think that's good enough  OK is okay.   Sooners win.

 

 

Lions of Nittany vs I Owe Ya    This will be another one of those "big" games that involve Iowa that turns out to be a dud.  Penn State wins

 

 

 Piggies vs Ole Mess  This is the game of the losers from last week.  Arkansas could not get anything going. Ole Miss looked like they didn't know where they were. I'm going with Arkansas because Sam Pittman looks like just about everybody I know.  Pigs win.


 

My Beloved Owls vs Hampton : Hey , I picked against the Owls last week and they won!  No need to thank me.  One of my readers reminded me that I've met the Kennesaw Athletic Director and it would take one punch from this man to put me into traction.    Owls win.

No comments:

Post a Comment