Sunday, March 24, 2019

The Waste Of Time



It is time, once again, to restate my opinion of our President, Donald J. Trump.

Not a fan.

I wrote two posts, one in 2011 and one in 2015 stating he would never be the President of The United States.  Hey, even Jeanne Dixon would have missed that one.

At the start of the 2016 Republican primary, I was offended by Trump's comments on John McCain. Trump repeated a Chris Rock joke*, which was stupid when Chris Rock said it**, but it was double-stupid when it came out of Trump's mouth***.  A man who received five deferments for bone spurs should never mock the service of someone who was a POW.

That was the start of my total bewilderment with my fellow conservatives when it came to Trump. It would take all day to list all of the things Trump has said that are just plain weird.

For the first time in my life, I did not vote for the Republican nominee.

I voted for Gary Whatshisname, the former governor of New Mexico.****

I expected Trump to lose and I expected to be on the receiving end of the blame cast by the Trumpsters. But, as they say, God said HA!  Trump defeated Hillary Clinton because Trump ran the only game he could to win: win in the electorial college and not just the major cities.

Soon I was on the receiving end of the blame cast by The Resistance: those people who think life is a comic book. In one little scrum on Facebook, someone told me my vote for Gary Whatshisname caused Clinton to lose Wisconsin, which was a cute little trick considering I don't live in Wisconsin.

So for the past couple of years, if I said Trump did something good, I would be called just another one of those MAGA hat people who is probably a Nazi.  If I said Trump did something bad, I would be called another one of those snowflake Resistance people who scream at the sky.

Now is the time to give you my opinion about Special Counsel Mueller's report on Russian Collusion in the 2016 campaign.

It was a waste of time.

The idea that Donald J. Trump would "collude" with The Russians is laughable. Trump and his campaign team could barely collude with itself, much less a foreign government. Chris Christie compares Trump's campaign to a salesman whose office is in the trunk of his car.

Former FBI director Robert Mueller was selected as the Special Counsel to see if there was Russian interference with the 2016 Presidential election. So far, all we've heard about was the special Facebook memes the Russians purchased  that have the power to turn Obama voters into Trump supporters.

While Mueller has indicted several Trump associates, they are for alleged crimes that are unrelated to Russian collusion.

So after almost two years, Mueller ended his investigation and there will be no further charges brought up by the Special Counsel.

Trump won again.

The problem with the Mueller investigation is that it was a witch hunt in this sense: the purpose of the investigation was to find something-almost anything-to impeach Trump over. After this came up bumpkis, the Democrats are left hoping for the Southern District of New York to do something,

Here's an idea. Instead of wasting all of that money on "investigations" how about the Democrats really think about why Donald Trump appeals to some voters. Here's a hint: it is not a good idea to insult them or make fun of them. 






* "He a war hero that got captured. There's a lot of guys in jail that got captured. I don't want to vote for nobody that got captured. I wanna vote for the [expletive] that got away"

** In fairness to Chris Rock, he wrote this when McCain died:  "R.I.P senator John McCain. Definitely a man of principle. Ran against Obama in 2008 and never made it racial . Took the high road the whole time . War hero served his country well. God bless."

*** “He’s not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.” 

**** I know his name. It was Gary Johnson. He was the Republican party reptile that was really into the wacky tobakky.  He didn't know anything about Aleppo. That's okay, neither did I.  


No comments:

Post a Comment