Thursday, October 11, 2018

This Week's Picks-Week 7


To me, the story, so far, of the 2018 College Football season has been Alabama.

If you haven't been keeping up, Alabama has won the last four hundred or so National Championships.  Last year, they won it and they didn't even win their division or their conference. It was the second time this decade that has happened.

This year, Alabama has been killing their opponents. Just wiping them out.

First game:  Louisville.  Bama won by 37 points.

Second game: Arkansas State.  Bama won by 50 points

Third game:  Ole Miss. Bame won by 55 points

Fourth game: Texas A&M.  Bama won by a mere 22 points

Fifth game:  Lousiana-Layfette. Bama won by 42 points

Sixth game:  Arkansas.  Bama won by 34 points.

There has been some complaints about the Bama schedule.

Okay, Bama should never play Arkansas State or Louisiana-Layfette.  Bama is Bama and they should play schools in the another Power Five Conference like The Big Ten and not The Sun Belt. I know all about the paychecks it brings to the smaller schools, but it is just wrong.

However, it isnt' Bama's fault that Louisville, Arkansas, and Ole Miss suck this year.  When they made the schedule, Louisville looked like a monster.   Bama just happen to catch all of these teams during an off year that's all.

But, Bama still has LSU, Missisippi State, and Auburn remaining. They could beat Bama.

Nah.





This Week's Picks!



Dawgs vs Ellesewe:   Back in the old days, Georgia fans used to listen to "The Larry Munson Show" and hear something like this:  "I'm worried about Saturday's game. We've been playing well, but, we just don't have the certain something. I'm reading reports that the Loyola Mount Mary's  Fighting Nuns is one of the best teams in the very small college football rankings and they could surprise us. And then where will we be?  Where will we be?  Meanwhile, yesterday I went with the movie group to catch the latest Barbara Streisand movie, "Yentl" in which she plays a girl with a big schnozzola that wants to be a rabbi so she pretends to be a boy with a big schnozzola."  The point is (yes, I have one) that Georgia fans are used to being worried. This game is one to be worried about.  Baton Rouge is not exactly the nicest place in the world. Add four billion Cajuns that started drinking Tuesday, well, you do the math.  Speaking of math, I think Georgia will score more points than LSU. Georgia wins!





Buzzy vs  Dook:  The Flying Bumble Bees got their mojo back against Louisville. I was all prepared to pick Tech, but I did a little research and Duke has a better record playing against some better teams. Yeah, I know, sometimes that happens. I'm not quite sold that Tech has turned a corner, but they are playing at home. Something about playing in front of a frantic crowd of 500 can turn a team around. I kid, I kid. I don't trust Tech, but I don't trust Duke away from the basketball court. What the heck: Tech wins!
 




Lizards vs The Commode-Doors: That sound you heard last week was all of the Florida fans jumping back on the bandwagon. Great.   I must admit, they handled LSU really well. They should do the same thing against Vanderbilt.  Florida wins!


My Favorite Florida Meme




Meeshegan vs Wesconsun:  I just watched something on the internet which says this is "The Game Of The Week". Okay, sure.   I think UGA-LSU is the game of the week, but I don't have my own internet show.   This is a BIG game for both teams.  Wisconsin has been just okay this year. Jim Harbaugh hasn't won a big game at Michigan. Michigan is the better team and they are playing in Ann Arbor. Michigan wins!






My Beloved Owls vs My Niece's School:  The big news around here is Kennesaw State is ranked number 2 in the FCS rankings. Which is super cool. I'm already checking out restaurants in Frisco, Texas where The FCS championship takes place. I found a place called Hutchins BBQ, which serves BBQ. I can't wait....oh wait a second, I've got the rest of the season. The Owls travel to Boling Springs, North Carolina to play Gardner-Webb University, Gardner-Webb  is where my niece goes to school and she plays on the women's LaCrosse team. She is the first one from the family to play sports at a Division One school. We are all so proud of her and pray that one day she buys her favorite uncle a Gardner-Webb t-shirt.  However, business is business.   Sorry kid, Owls win!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment