Thursday, September 13, 2018

This Week's Picks Week Three




Ahem.

While This Week's Picks (or TWP as it is known in the business), is strictly for entertainment purposes, I do like to keep up with how many games I happen to pick correctly.

For the first two weeks of The College Football Season, my record is 10-0.

Granted, the first couple of weeks hasn't been that surprising.  However, I did pick Utah State to defeat New Mexico State, which they did, 60-13.  I picked Utah State simply because The Incredible Paul Wickenhiser sent me a Utah State t-shirt.  His oldest son goes there and I said, "Hey Paul, send me a t-shirt.". He said "Sure" and I got it in the mail a few days later.  In fact, I am wearing that t-shirt as I am typing these words.

You don't get that type of insightful football analysis on Gameday

This Week's Picks!


Dawgs vs The Middle of The State of Tennessee. After beating Igottago Peay University  in the first game of the season, the Georgia Bulldogs faced their first test last week against The South Carolina Game(word deleted; this is a family blog). UGA passed with flying colors.  The Dawgs have invited another Tennessee team to Athens, The Blue Raiders of Middle Tennessee State.  Middul Tenn-uh-sea (as it is pronounced up there) is in Murfreesboro, which is also the home of "The Slick Pig" restaurant which is a great BBQ joint. "The Slick Pig" is also a place that can cure constipation if you catch my drift.   If you ever go to "The Slick Pig", be sure to bring your Immodium. Wait. Where was I?  Oh yeah, the game. UGA wins.





Bumbles vs The Non-Black and Gold Team of Pittsburgh.  Tech didn't look bad against South Florida when they had the ball. The offense is the same triple option run, run, run that Paul Johnson has been doing there for years.  The defense, however, is another story.  Pitt didn't look good at all against Penn State. I'm taking a chance but I think Tech wins.





Bamy vs Ole Mess. There was a time when Ole Miss beat Alabama two years in a row. That time is over. Alabama wins.




Rocky Topped vs The University Out In The West Texas Town Of El Paso.  Another friend of the blog, Stephanie Harkins, complained that I never mention Tennessee and even created a clever hashtag: #Volslivesmatter. The University of Texas El Paso comes to Knoxville to play the ever rebuilding Volunteers.  I know nothing about UTEP and I don't know anybody that can send me a t-shirt. Because of that, Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me. Tennessee wins.


Just In Case You Didn't Get My Joke


Eyes of Buck vs Aroused Frogs of A Mainline Denomination.  THE Ohio State University has one last game without St. Urban The Forgetful.  Raise your hands if you want TCU to win. Okay, that's everybody in the country except the state of Ohio.  I'm probably wrong, but TCU wins.




My Beloved Owls vs Alabama State.  Yes, Virginia, there are other schools in Alabama besides Bama and Auburn that play football.  According to their website, "Alabama State University was founded in 1867, in Marion, Ala., as a school for African-Americans. The school started as the Lincoln Normal School with $500 raised by nine freed slaves now known as the Marion Nine, making ASU one of the nation’s oldest institutions of higher education founded for black Americans."  Their nickname is "The Hornets", which is really a cool college team name if you ask me. I mean, a yellow jacket is pesky, but a hornet is downright mean. They were 5-6 last year.  Owls win.

No comments:

Post a Comment