Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The Return of This Week's Picks


Maybe you don't remember but a couple of years ago I discontinued "This Week's Picks" in my blog because I noticed most of my blogs were about college football.

That would not be a bad thing if I actually knew anything about college football. I don't. I simply like to goof on college football.

But I wanted to write on other subjects and I didn't want to be tied down to writing on one subject each week until December. I had this epiphany:  I only have one subject to write about for each week until December. That's great. I don't have to sit around and wait for a topic to strike me.

Here are a couple of the rules about "This Week's Picks" for those that are new to the scene.

The picks are for college football games only and are strictly for entertainment purposes. If you bet the mortgage based on anything I write, you need some serious medication.

I give all of the teams comedic names and I make fun of every school. This does not mean I "hate your team". I don't know your team. I assume that they all would make very fine trustees at the county jail, Dawgnation. Ha, ha, See? I do not hate the University of Georgia. The Bulldogs are my team. I'm just proud we are four weeks into the college football season and not a single Bulldog has been convicted of a felony.

This Week's Picks!

The Stung vs Dookies:  One more thing about "This Week's Picks". A certain reader on Facebook (where I've posted TWP for the past two years) who shall remain nameless regularly accuses me of picking Georgia Tech to win in order to "jinx them". Even if I had the power to "jinx", why would I "jinx" Tech? They are my fourth favorite team in the state behind The Owls, Georgia Southern and UGA. All I know about Tech is just when they are ready to really become a presence in College Football, they tend to lose a game they shouldn't, like to Notre Dame. Anyway, both schools are 2-1, I just think Tech is better. Tech wins!  JINX!




Rocky Topped vs Lizards: It is time to premier a new feature on TWP called "Tennessee Jokes".  Did you hear that the University of Tennessee President's home was burned down? Yup, bout took out the whole trailer park. At one time Tennessee versus Florida would be THE GAME, but now it is just two schools trying to get better. Tennessee has been trying longer. Tennessee wins!






The Other Bulldogs vs We Can't Have Nice Things:  If there has been a pleasant surprise to this college football season it is that both Alabama and Auburn both lost on the same Saturday. If that doesn't prove the existence of God, I don't know what will.  The wheels look like they have come off at Auburn. They almost lost to Jacksonville State, which 99 per cent of the sports watching world thinks is in Florida. Auburn has just lost their confidence. To which everyone says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Mississippi State wins! 




Ben's Team vs The Taters:  For some reason, the University of Idaho is in The Sun Belt conference. This means Georgia Southern has to travel all the way to Moscow, Idaho.  The Number One restaurant on Trip Advisor in Moscow, Idaho is "Buy The Dozen", a donut shop. You can't get information like that any place else. Eagles GATA and donuts. Eagles win!




The Mighty Hooters vs Daydum: Here it is three games into the season and my beloved Kennesaw State Owls are still undefeated. We're going to Dayton, Ohio. I've been to Dayton. I spent a week there one day. All through the day, the hours rushed by. I sat in the park and watched the grass die. Or was that Toledo? Anyway, I just have a funny feeling that my Owls are going to come up short. Dayton wins.  JINX ON DAYTON! 

No comments:

Post a Comment