Monday, May 25, 2015

20 More Things I Learned From 70's Music

If you grew up in the 70's like I did, you know music was educational. Here's twenty more things I learned from listening to 70's music.


1.  I found your diary underneath a tree and started reading about me. But, then I realized it wasn't about me. Rats.

2.  Freddie's dead.

3. You got to know when to hold them. Know when to fold them. Know when to walk away and know when to run.

4. If the DJ of your favorite radio station played "American Pie" and any song by Yes back to back, you know he had an upset stomach.

5. What are tramps like us born to do? Baby, we were born to run.

6. My momma loves me like a rock but she wants to take my Kodachrome away.

7. The Bee Gees kicked each other in the private parts to hit the high notes. It is the only explanation.

8. The best music created in the 70's was side four of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

9. People loved Led Zeppelin for some unknown reason.

10. Our "vinyls" were called "records".

11. If you put me on a highway and show me a sign I will take it to the limit one more time.

12. The mother and child reunion is only a motion away although I have no idea what that means.

13  Admit it: you don't know what me and Julio did down by the school yard either.

14. Everything I know about Vincent Van Gogh is from Don McLean.

15. The band Chicago was very popular. Every guy learned the chords from 25 or 6 to 4.

16. Thunder only happens when its raining.

17. If you want my body and you think I'm sexy, sugar, you have to let me know.

18. The child created in the Chevy Van is about 40 years old.

19. The reason why birds suddenly appear any time you are near is that, just like me, they long to be close to you.

20.  Paul McCartney's song Jet is about a puppy. Really.






No comments:

Post a Comment