Tuesday, October 12, 2010

This Week's Picks

Pardon me boys; I went to Chattanooga, Tennessee last week for a quick road trip. Listened to the Georgia-Tennessee game on the way up and realized that my reverse psycho-pick worked.

All year I have picked the Georgia Bulldogs to win this fall and they lost four in a row. Since nobody else would, I decided the Bulldogs needed my help by picking the other team to win. I had obviously jinxed the Dawgs and needed to jinx somebody else. Sorry, Coach Kid Dooley, but I had to do it.

This week’s picks!

Pups vs. The Commode Doors: It is good to know that the grass keeps right on growing, the sun keeps right on shining, and Vanderbilt keeps right on stinking. If Richt can keep his team out of San Quentin, they should be okay. Dogs win.

Buzz vs. Middle Directional Tennessee: Middle Tennessee State is in Murfreesboro (pronounced “Murphysboro”) Tennessee, home of the fine dining establishment known as “The Slick Pig”. They really shouldn’t be playing Tech (Middle Tennessee State-not “The Slick Pig”). Tech wins big, but doesn’t have as good of BBQ.

Sort Of South Florida vs. Almost Heaven, West Virginia?: Another Thursday night game I’ll miss because I like “Community”. WVU should win this.

The Only Ohio State University on Earth vs. Wes-CON-son: The folks on TV say this is an important game because number one Ohio State (stupid Alabama) is actually playing a semi-tough team. I would loooooooooove Wisconsin to win this one because OSU totally, and I say this with great respect, stinks likes wet carpet. The Buckeyes will win.

Oniks vs. War Tigers: Hummm, Auburn is now in the driver’s seat for the SEC West title, which means that there is probably a rich alumnus on a plane right now flying to see if they can hire a new coach. I still hate Arkansas on principle. Auburn wins.

Georgia Southern vs. University of Tennessee Not In Knoxville: Last week, the Eagles lost to the Wofford Weiner Dogs. This week they should make up for it at Chattanooga. Eagles wins.

Edinboro vs Mercyhurst: The headline read, and I am not making this up, “Edinboro and Mercyhurst Seek End To Cancer, Win On The Gridiron”. Now that is a football game. These players are batting each other and cancer. Good Luck! After a blazing start, our Fighting Scots have lost two in a row, but you know what they say in Western PA. When Edinboro and Mercyhurst seek end to cancer, anything can happen. I say, Edinboro gets back on track with a win.


Birmingham-Southern vs. Austin College: For those of you that don’t know, Austin College’s team name is….”The Kangaroos”. Not “The Fighting Kangaroos”, or “The Mildly Upset Kangaroos” or even “The Just Not Their Day Kangaroos”. It is just “The Kangaroos”. For the record, Austin College website reports that it “does not discriminate with regard to religion or creed, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, physical disability, age, economic or non-marsupial status”. Both Birmingham-Southern and Austin College are 3-2. I’ll say Birmingham-Southern because they are at home. Birmingham-Southern wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment