Tuesday, November 10, 2009

This Week's Picks!

Last year, This Week’s Picks decided to do something very dumb: follow the Division Two, Division Three, and FCS championships. It was dumb because, for the most part, I knew nothing about the teams I was reviewing. So, I just generally made up stuff. (Surprise!)

All I know about Division Three is that if you bet, bet on Mount Union. In the last 200 years of Division Three football, Mount Union has won 197 Division Three Championships.

Over in Division Two, they have announced their playoff brackets. West Texas Outback will play Northwest New Hampshire Polytechnic. Maryland Middle Banks faces off against University of Texas Out There. Perennial Division Two Power house Carson-Daily has a bye.

Seriously, one college that is in the playoff is Edinboro, which I thought was in Scotland, but turns out it is in Pennsylvania. They are the Fighting Scots. They beat Millersville last week. I know, I was surprised too.

This Week’s Picks!

Them Dawgs vs. WarPlainsTigereagles: At one time, I was really worried about the puppies in this one. Awe-burn is getting better, but the season is only so long. Dawgs win, but if the War Eagles win, I wouldn’t be surprised.

Big Bad Bees vs. Dook: Paul Johnson went for it on fourth and one when he could have tied it with a field goal. He looked like he always looks: like a man that didn’t get the rental car he wanted. The real sleeper team in the country is Duke, but they’ll be put to sleep Saturday. Bees win.

Team De-Jour vs. The Ohio State University of the World: Iowa lost its quarterback and their self respect against Northwestern last week. I hate Ohio State. They should beat Iowa. But I’m still picking Iowa because I hate Ohio State.

Team Dejour II vs. Carry me back, Virginny. Cincinnati has twelve quarterbacks and UGA doesn’t have any. Virginia is running out the clock while the Bearcats can make a statement. They will all over Virginia. Cincy wins.

Number Two vs. Number 129. Bamy faces the other Bulldogs, the Starkville kind. They could play Mississippi State and Georgia and beat them both, at the same time. Bamy keeps marching towards Atlanta.

Georgia Southern vs. Furman: I forgot to make a pick last week and the Eagles lost to Samford, which is sort of like UGA losing to Edinboro. Anyway, the Eagles should bounce back and win. Eagles. One more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment