Friday, November 19, 2021

This Week's Picks 12

 

 This is a transcript of Kirby Smart's halftime speech to the Georgia Bulldogs at the Florida-Georgia game.

"I still remember, like yesterday, walking out this at the half. The look and the feeling I had, looking at Tyson, looking at Stokes, looking at those guys…you know what guys? This is our year, this is our  year and we do it by how we play. It’s zero to  zero and you make ‘em never want to play again. All that  they’re talking—I love it Jamaree—you didn’t say . You don’t say to ‘em, you just laugh and point at the scoreboard. Let me get a picture JD, point at the scoreboard. DON’T SAY  to their undisciplined. Because we are, WE ARE DISCIPLINED! And our are gonna kick the out of ‘em, physically! Physically I want to break ‘em, I’m talkin’ bout break these on defense and offense.”

If you are reading this and it doesn't make sense, just remember I took out all of the sentence enhancers Smart used in the speech. 

It's not Knute Rockne "Win one for the (bad word) (bad word) (REALLY BAD WORD) Gipper", but it served its purpose and Georgia won the game. 

 




This Week's Picks

 

Jawja vs School That Wants Money  I know you've had this one marked on you calendars for a long time. Georgia versus the mighty, mighty Buccaneers of Charleston Southern.  They are fifth in The Big South Conference. I expect J.T Daniels to come in as quarterback somewhere in the early first quarter. Dawgs win.

 

 

 

Bumbles vs Our Lady  Okay, I used to make fun of Coach Paul Johnson because, well, it was fun making fun of Coach Paul Johnson.  I'm not sure Coach Geoff is any better. I don't know what's wrong, except they are not winning which makes it hard to recruit football players no matter how of your alumni are astronauts.  Notre Dame Wins.

 

 

Sparty vs Ahia State.  Everybody knows I'm not a big Ohio State fan. But. They always win The Big Ten.  I want Michigan State to win.  They won't.  Ohio State wins.

 

 

 

Bacon Bits vs Bama  Comedian Jermaine Johnson does a bit on YouTube in which he reviews football games in The SEC as an Alabama fan.  It is very funny.  He has several names for Arkansas, one of which is "Bacon Bits".  Arkansas is a better team this year than last year (and the year before that and the year before that).  However, this is Alabama  and I just don't think Arkansas can beat them. Row Tad!  Alabama wins.

 

 

 

Backslidden Deacons  vs  Not So Mighty Tigers.  If you had told me at the beginning of the season that Wake Forest would have a better record than Clemson, I would have said you are nuts. But here we are!  Wake Forest is a better team. It doesn't mean next year Clemson won't get back in shape, but as of today ( I can't believe I'm going to type this)  Wake Forest wins.

 

 

 

My Beloved Owls vs  Monmouth:  You may not know this, but Kennesaw State is ranked #9 in the FCS standings and is playing Monmouth for the Big South Championship. Monmouth University is in that southern state known as New Jersey.  It is only a short ride from New York or Philadelphia, so shut your face. Don't go disrespected the 'Mouth. Dean Anthony Soprano has an open door policy as long as you're not wearing a wire, capache? There are many internships available with many "family" businesses like waste management and adult entertainment. Owls win.

No comments:

Post a Comment