Friday, September 10, 2021

This Week's Picks

 

When it comes to sports, there is one thing that unites all Georgians.  We all expect our sports teams to disappoint us.  I'm not going to name any names (Falcons!).  It is just we've had our hearts crushed so many times. We choose not to get our hopes up.

That's what made the Georgia-Clemson game so special for me. I expected the New Clemson quarterback who has replaced the graduated Hippie quarterback to be lights out.  He wasn't. Georgia's defense was incredible.  The offense?  Meh, they were good enough.

This Week's Picks.


Jawja vs Dragons.  Believe it or not, there are some other college football teams in  The Heart of Dixie besides Alabama and Auburn.  There's the University of Alabama At Birmingham (UAB).  You might remember the school discontinued football a couple of years ago when they had a brief fling with communism.  Football is back and this week they are playing the Bulldawgs who are feeling good about themselves after last week. Could this be a letdown game for Georgia. Naw.  Dawgs win!

 

Bumbles vs My Beloved Owls.  Just a little big of personal history. When I was coming along,  the smart kids that did their homework and took Geometric Trigacalculus went to Georgia Tech. The kids who sometimes forgot about their homework, or had especially hungry dogs and whose Math class was called "Math Class"  went to Kennesaw State.  The Tech folks were sharp as a whip while we lowly Kennesaw people had to be reminded to chew our supper with our mouths closed.  I would LOVE to see My Beloved Owls win, but as Lewis Grizzard once told me (really), "When picking games always go with your head and not your heart".  Tech got beat by Northern Illinois last week and their is no way Coach Geoff is going to let this team lose against Kennesaw State.  Tech wins. 

 

 


 Quacks vs Ahia State. Oregon and their 1200 uniforms face-off against The Buckeyes. The Buckeyes are good, again, this year. Dad gummit. Ohio State  wins.

 

 I Owe Wah vs I Owe Wah State:  I have only met one person from Iowa in my life. That's not really relevant, but I've always like this match up . I like Iowa this year.  Iowa wins.

 

The Pitts vs Rocky Topped:  Did you hear? Tennessee is back! I'm not sure who the head coach is, but he should be better than the last fifty they've had in the past ten years.  The Vols opened up a can of whoop-up on Bowling Green Not In Kentucky  last week. Hey, whatever it takes.  Which reminds me of my favorite Tennessee joke. Why is orange the favorite color of a Tennessee fan?  They can wear orange to hunt on Friday, to the game on Saturday, and to their community service picking up trash on the side of the road on Sunday.     Tennessee wins.

 

Son's Eagles vs Other Owls:  Georgia Southern (actual lyric from their alma mater: "Now I've got a nickel have you got a dime?  Let's get together and get a little wine")  play the Owls of Florida Atlantic University.  I have no clue about this game but I'm going with Georgia Southern.  Georgia Southern wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment