Thursday, September 1, 2016

This Week's Picks!


Here we are, back again, with another year of This Week's Picks, America's leading College Football prediction blog post from West Cobb County.

But first, a little history.

I began This Week's Picks as a thread on a little website called WheelerAlumni.Com in 2002. I learned two things quickly: People can't take a joke and Georgia Tech fans have amazing coping abilities.

I moved This Week's Picks to my award winning blog, Humor Me in 2009. One particular post had almost 200 readers in a week's time. That's not too shabby.

It began to grow and grow. In addition to the major FBS games, I added Georgia Southern  to each week since my son went there. I also added NCAA Division II and Division III games, even though, frankly, I was simply looking for the funniest sounding schools. Fortunately, Division III has a ton of funny sounding schools, my favorite being Ursinus College (pronounced "Your Sinus College").


I took a hiatus from This Week's Picks for the blog for a couple of years, but I brought it back last year. Here we go.

This Week's Picks!

Puppies vs Heels of Tar:  Last year, Georgia went 10-3 and fired their head coach,  Coach Cutie Pie. No worries for Coach Pie-he was immediately hired by The University of Miami, which is like the local Hooters announcing they're under new management by the deacons of Thomas Road Baptist Church. Georgia's new head coach is Kirby Smart, who worked for Nick Satan Saban and hopefully has Bama Cooties when it comes to winning. North Carolina is supposed to be good this year. Meh. When it comes to SEC vs ACC, I always go with the SEC. UGA wins!


Bumbles vs Shh,Don't Tell Anyone Matt Ryan Went Here:  God works in mysterious ways, which is the only possible explanation for the Georgia Tech/Boston College game being played in Dublin, Ireland. It also might explain why after a 3-9 season, Tech didn't fire Coach Personality (Paul Johnson).  So it is another year of "The Triple Option" which either works really well or it doesn't work at all. The Nerdy Alumni of Tech seem to believe in something called "a jinx" and believe I am one.  Yep, Tech lost 9 games because of me. Anyway, Tech needs all of the help they can get this year, so I'm not picking them in this game. Boston College wins!


Ellesyu vs Weskonson: Les Miles, who let's face it, is half a bubble off plumb, was not fired either last year despite a disappointing season. He has one of the top players in the country (Leonard Fournette) and they should be better this year. If not, well, did you ever see a Cajun when he really got mad?  LSU wins!


Bamy vs Birth Control:  Alabama begins their annual defense of the national title with a game against the University of Southern California. This would have been an awesome game in 1978. USC is good, but Bama is Bama. Bama wins!


Our Lady vs Our Cattle:   Warning! Warning!  Notre Dame is supposed to be good this year! Stay away from your TV sets because it will be all Notre Dame all the time until they lose to someone. It would be cool if they lost to Texas. They won't. Notre Dame wins!


Old Mess vs Criminoles:  Did I ever tell you about the time I went to the Ole Miss campus? It is beautiful, a pearl in a sea of grits. The team is the typical college football mix of great athletes that may/may not be felons. Just like Florida State.  Anyway, I will violate my rule about picking the SEC in a SEC/ACC game. Florida State should win. They will  FSU wins!



My Beloved Owls vs Hillbillies:  Believe it or not, I have some extra discretionary funds this year and I have contacted my alma mater for season tickets. I had to leave my phone number for a callback. I haven't heard a word. It is not like I have a weekly blog or have published three books this year. Anyhoo (get it!?), the Owls were pretty good last year for a new team. They should be this year. Kennesaw State wins! 















No comments:

Post a Comment