Tuesday, July 5, 2016

A Quarter In The Voting Booth



Oh well, you didn't really think Hillary Clinton was going to be indicted, did you?

"Let's see what Manis has posted on Facebook."

We've seen this movie before and we should have known the ending.  Clintons don't have to pay for their "mistakes".  They live above the law. It's their world and we're just all squirrels.

I'm not going to review all of FBI Director Comey's comments except to say for a while I thought he was going to push for an indictment. It didn't sound like a ringing endorsement for Future President Secretary Senator Clinton. He called her “extremely careless” in using a personal email address for sensitive communication.  That's a term you want to be ascribed to your President: “extremely careless”.

But it seems he just figure, "That's just a Clinton being a Clinton" like they used to do on the show "Family Matters" when Urkel set off a nuclear device at the high school dance. "Did I Do That?" should be the motto of Clinton's campaign.

What Do You Mean It Was Classified?

Of course, Donald Trump reacted to the news by going on Twitter.Trump reacts to everything by going on Twitter. He said something like "OOOGA, OOOGA, OOOGA. CROOKED HILLARY. BAD"

We finally have the Democrats where we want them: a candidate with a charisma-deficient under FBI investigation and our candidate is a baboon.

So here we are. One party's candidate is a "congenital liar" to quote William Safire. A bird has to fly, a fish has to swim, and a Clinton has to lie.  Bill and Hill are amoral skunks.

Meanwhile, The GOP's candidate is as crazy as a Betsy bug. I don't care how much money he has or how many buildings has his name on it. The guy is a nut, Andy.

So what am I going to do?  I think back to my parents.

As I have mentioned before, my dad, Old Man Manis, was a "Yellow Dog Democrat". That means he would vote for a yellow dog if the dog was a Democrat. How my dad would know the party affiliation of an animal is beyond me.

My mother, Inez, always emphasized that you should vote for the "best" candidate you can, regardless of party.  Sometimes, she said, you have to "hold your nose" and vote for Nixon.

Now Inez was not above voting for a Third Party Candidate.  In fact, she was one of those "Ross Perot" voters, who helped get us into to the mess we're in now. (She didn't like George H.W. P.D.Q Bush. She thought he was too preppy.)

So I decided to read up on Gary Johnson, the candidate of The Libertarian Party.

Dude, got any munchies?


What are Libertarians? Libertarians are pot smoking Republicans and Gary Johnson is a joker, a smoker, and a midnight toker. He's the first candidate, since Rutherford B. Hayes, to admit to recreational marijuana use. He says he has given it up for the campaign.

Besides the marijuana use, he just seems like a nut. Not Trump level Defcon One nut, although he has promised to call Trump a slang term for women's genitals if he's included in the fall debates. "Vote Gary Johnson: He'll Call Trump A Dirty Word".

I have no idea how I'm going to vote.  On one hand, I don't want Crooked Lying Hillary and President Bill back in the White House dialing for dollars.  On the other hand, Trump makes me ill. Like the hit song said, I don't know how to love him. Whatever y'all see in him, I don't see it at all.

I may take a quarter and just flip it in the voting booth.









No comments:

Post a Comment