Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Series of Dreams


Joseph had a dream, and when he told it to his brothers, they hated him all the more. He said to them, “Listen to this dream I had: We were binding sheaves of grain out in the field when suddenly my sheaf rose and stood upright, while your sheaves gathered around mine and bowed down to it.”   Genesis 37: 5-7




Look, everybody has dreams.

I'm not talking about "I have a dream of winning the lottery" or "I dream of owning my own business". I'm talking about ZZZZ-induced  REM fueled dreams. I'm talking about dreams where you wake up and go "whoa, what was that about?". I 'm talking about dreams where you tell your wife about it and she just looks at you with that look that conveys this one subtle message: You are a moron.

As everybody knows, dreams must mean something. There are plenty of people to help you interpret your dreams. For example, in the Aisling A-Z Dream Dictionary, it gives you an interpretation of the symbols of your dreams.

For example, if you happen to dream about feces ( or "poop" to you Trump voters out there), it means " there are problems with your colon".  Hey, it is on the Internet, so you can't argue with it.
 
I just happened upon the meaning of bare bosoms in dreams. Not that I have dreams about bare bosoms. At least not now. Maybe when I was thirty-five.  It says "Breasts symbolize nurturing in dreams. For example, if a friend has exposed breasts in a dream it is a request for you to use your nurturing / leadership abilities in social settings."

This is going to come in handy when I tell my wife about the dream I had about, oh, just to pick a name out of the sky, Nicole Kidman, and she was topless. It simply means Nicole wants me to use my nurturing/ leadership skills in social settings.  Thanks, Nicole!

In fact, I've had a lot of celebrities in my dreams. My dream world is a regular US Weekly.

One time, I dreamed about Urkel from the 90's television show, Family Matters. We were walking up the steps going into a house for a party. That's it. I think I asked Urkel if he knew anybody at the party.  Not sure why I had a dream about Urkel, because, let's face it, he was one of the more annoying figures of the 90's along with Janet Reno and whomever came out with the "Macarena" song.



My interpretation was this: even though I did not make good grades in high school, I knew a lot of people that did and I probably would have hung around Urkel if he had gone to Wheeler in the mid-70's.

On a little more serious note, I've had two vivid dreams about Bob Dylan. Whenever one of my parents would die, Bob would show up in a dream, unannounced. In true Bob fashion, I didn't understand anything he said, but I knew it was probably important. In the dream after Old Man Manis died, Bob was sitting up in a tree, talking to me about something real deep, but I couldn't understand it.  Just like a couple of his concerts I've attended.

The celebrity dream that caused a lot of discussion around Manis Manor is the one I had about Jane Seymour.



Yes, I admit it. Like many male baby boomers, I have a crush on Jane Seymour. I don't quite know what it is, but there is just something about her I've always found attractive. Maybe it's because she's good looking.

The dream was this. I took Jane Seymour to a basketball game at East Cobb Junior High School. I was in 8th grade in the dream. Jane was starring in "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman".   It was a big game, packed house, and we went up in the stands.

I could hear everybody in my class saying "Hey Manis" and "Manis", but they were pronouncing it like they did back then:  "May-Nus" (you have to remember-this is The South).  They were impressed with my date. Even the cool kids like my friend Craig, who probably did go out with Jane Seymour a couple of times.

Jane wore yellow sweater. We sat together and watched the game. That was the dream. No big make out session with Jane Seymour. She kept her clothes on. I guess there was no one she wanted me to use my leadership/nurturing skills on.

When I told my wife about the dream, she said, "Yellow?!".  She promptly showed me a picture she had found: my prom picture.  My date wore a yellow dress.

On Mindfuldreamer.com it says this about the color yellow in dreams:

"Yellow is a color with various meanings, usually either positive or negative depending on the context of it being used in the dream. On the positive side it can mean innocence, hope, happiness, and lightheartedness - to have a "sunny disposition". On the negative side it can mean indecision, cowardliness, or sickness. Pay careful attention to how the dream made you feel to understand the meaning of the color yellow in your dreams."

With that in mind, I think I can say on the positive side that the color yellow in this dream means my happiness was taking a major TV star to a basketball game at my junior high school.

Other than that, I haven't the slightest idea what my Jane Seymour dream meant.  My wife says it means that Jane Seymour is "my woman".  She also said something about medicine and needing to increase my dosage. 








No comments:

Post a Comment